Homestead is always pleased to have a motivated student spend the day with us. Students in a degreee program related to animal health are invited to contact our office and set up a time to spend in our trucks with our veterinarians. We usually limit the number of days a single student spends with our clinic to 1-2 weeks.
If you are going to shadow our veterinarians, then you will need the following items:
- Washable Rubber Boots – We take biosecurity seriously.
- Coveralls – Depending on how much you want to help, more than one set may be appropriate.
- Weather Appropriate Clothing – Barns and stables are generally not climate controlled.
It it is also advisable to bring
- Bagged Lunch – There is no guarantee our vets will have time to stop for lunch.
- Water Bottle – It is important to stay hydrated.
If you have to travel to get here, we regret that we cannot provide housing at this time.